In addition to providing internal funding for researchers at the University, the Brain Institute offers clinical research support and management to facilitate cross-discipline collaboration.
Actively supported clinical trials and research include:
- Non-Injurious Head Motion in Human Subjects - Matt Panzer, PhD; Jacob Resch, PhD; Donna Broshek, PhD; Thomas Jason Druzgal, MD, PhD. (IRB #20486).
- A Pilot Study of Ictal FDG-PET Imaging in Epilepsy - Mark Quigg, MD; Nathan Fountain, MD; Katherine Zarroli, MD; Bijoy Kundu, PhD; Stuart Berr, PhD. (IRB #20297).
- Bioengineered Tissue for Pharmacogenomic Analysis of Subjects with Childhood Epilepsy or Atrial Fibrillation Through Tissue Collection and Banking - Michael McConnell, PhD; Howard Goodkin, MD, PhD. (IRB #18919).
- Prediction of Cardiopulmonary Events During Seizures - Andrew Schomer, MD; Jaideep Kapur, MD, PhD. (IRB #20293).
- A Learning Healthcare System for Pediatric Epilepsy - Howard Goodkin, MD, PhD; Weill Cornell Medical College. (IRB #20513).
- A Phase I Study Targeting Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma with anti-CD-3 x anti-EGFR BiSpecific Antibody Armed Activated T Cells (EGFR-BATS) in Combination with Radiation and Temozolomide - Camilo Fadul, MD; Lawrence Lum, MD. (IRB #20105).
- Optimizing Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorders using Targeted Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation - Nassima Ait-Daoud, MD; David Hamilton, MD: Amit Shahane, PhD; Karen Ingersoll, PhD.
To search for other active clinical trials at UVA, please click here.