We are pleased to announce the launch of the Transformative Neuroscience Pilot Grants‐2019 competition. Click on the link below to view more information.
Transformative Neuroscience Pilot Grants‐2019
Deadline: April 15, 2019
Project Start Date: July 1, 2019
The UVA Brain Institute offers a seed funding program for collaborative research projects. The purpose of the program is to bring neuroscience investigators together to tackle important questions and perform transformative work that will differentiate our research enterprise. Proposed projects may be on any subject related to neuroscience.
Successful proposals will have high potential for scientific impact, and plans for pursuing subsequent extramural funding. Awards of $50,000 to $100,000 will be made for the duration of one year. Cost sharing is encouraged.
After initial review, a small number of applicants will be invited for a short 5‐10 minute oral presentation to the review committee for final selection.
- Project description (total: 3 pages) should include the following:
- Project milestones: 6 and 9 months
- Potential scientific impact (include innovation)
- Title of project
- References Cited (not in above page limit)
- Biographical Sketches (NIH style) – include the specific expertise that each investigator brings to the project
- Budget – 1 page. Faculty salaries are not permitted. Collaborations through jointly mentored trainees (students, residents, postdoctoral/clinical fellows) are encouraged.
Criteria for Evaluation Include:
- Scientific merit – Significance, Innovation, Approach, Overall Impact.
- Near‐term potential for scientific impact and external funding.
Proposal Submission Format:
- Assemble entire application as one PDF titled: “Lastname_Firstname_2019BRAINPilotGrant.pdf”
- Upload Application to: link
Questions? Email email@example.com